Now, before I talk about this card, I wanted to mention that this stamp set was a Simon Says Stamp Stamptember exclusive and is no longer available. However, this darling bear is featured in other Neat & Tangled stamp sets, here, and here. His little face KILLS me, he’s so darling. One reason why this stamp set sold out so quickly is that the proceeds went to a fund raiser for Danielle Walls’ (owner of Neat & Tangled) father. Here’s a link to that in case you’d like to donate: Dan’s CRPS Treatment Fund.
Now, let’s talk about this card. I was influenced by Swapna’s card from February of this year.
As you can see, I was very inspired by the idea of a tag with the image and sentiment and then placed upon a card base with a background of some sort.
Here’s how I made my card:
- Stamp and color the bear and the pumpkin.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut the images out.
- Apply shimmer marker to the pumpkin leaves. I always do this after die cutting. I fear that smooshing between the die cutting plates will hurt the shimmer. Is that just me?
- Cut a tag using the Hero Arts Nesting Tag Dies.
- Emboss the sentiment on the die cut tag.
- Adhere the bear and pumpkin onto the tag die using dimensional foam adhesive.
- Tie some twine into a bow at the top of the tag.
- Run the Neat & Tangled Falling Circles Cover Plate die through your die cutting machine with some awesome pink cardstock. A couple times so that you have many circles to use to build a background on a card base. One thing I really love about this die is that the circles aren’t quite perfectly round.
- Adhere the tag onto your card base.
- Smile at the ridiculously cute bear.
Don’t forget to join us in the challenge this month. All you have to do is Copy a Designer. How easy is that?