We are here with a very special post today.
First of all, it is with great sadness that we announce that four of our beloved DT ladies, are stepping down from our Design Team due to various reasons.
Danielle Walls, Simone Naoum, Stephanie Klauk & Lisa Carrol.
Ladies, we thank you so much for the wonderfully inspiring work you showed us each and every month, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours!!
And of course, this means that we have some spaces to fill!!
PLEASE READ THROUGH TO THE END. This looks very wordy, we know. But we would rather give you all the info now, before you apply.
There will be some changes on ABNH in 2013, which we will share soon, but the basic requirements are below.
If you have applied with us before, you are most welcome to apply again! Please remember that we select based on the best GROUP. We want a group that compliments each other (style-wise) not a group of all the same style. If you are not selected, it has NOTHING to do with your talent!!
The final number of people we will be choosing is yet to be determined. (minimum of 2)
DT monthly responsibilities are yet to be finalised for 2013, however here are the basics (It looks like a lot when written out, but we assure you, it’s not!)
What we would ask of a Design Team Member
- To submit one project per month (to be used in ONE challenge
per month), fitting in with the challenge requirements as they occur
(e.g. a tag is to be made/incorporated into the project on weeks where a
tag is integral to part of the challenge). Projects are to be submitted
no later than 3 days before the post is to appear, including product
lists and any other notes required.
- To submit one other project per month, to be shown on A Blog
Named Hero. (this may include a video or photo tutorial, technique, new
ideas, craft project, product comparisons etc)
- To comment on a set number of challenge entries each time a
challenge is posted. (The number of entries the DT member would be
required to comment on, will vary with each month–this will be
confirmed at a later date).
- To post their project (or a sneak peek) on their own blog (if they
have one) on the day their project appears on A Blog Named Hero.
- To be ‘involved’ in promoting A Blog Named Hero affiliated sites/pages (e.g. Facebook page, flickr page, twitter etc)
- Any further duties may be added or altered at a later date, but will be discussed in advance.
- The term of the DT position will be for 3 months to begin with, at
which stage we may offer to extend the term further, or not. (this will
depend on several factors!)
- You do not have to be a card-maker to apply. Scrapbookers,
mini-album makers, alternate crafts etc are welcome–as long as you’re
happy to use Hero Arts products! (however, please note that occasional
challenges will have specific requirements such as tags/cards/non-paper
Things to note:
- People who do not have a blog are still MOST welcome to apply.
- People who are on design teams for other sites are also welcome to
apply–however, for those who are on design teams, we suggest you
confirm that it’s OK with your current DT ‘leader’ if you are on our DT
too. (Some might consider it a conflict of interest/may not be happy
- PLEASE do not apply if you are unable to fulfill the position as
described above (and with consideration of any other foreseeable
- As you will be writing up your own blog posts for the additional projects, a knowledge of blogger/blogging language, protocol etc and how-to would be helpful.
- This blog is (as I’m sure you’re all aware) about our love for HERO
ARTS products. If you have none (or an extremely limited supply) this
may not be the best fit. While crafters are more than welcome to enter
our challenges using non-Hero Arts supplies, as a DT member for this
blog, you will be expected to incorporate Hero Arts supplies into your
projects (preferably as the major element etc)
- For those of you who think “I’m not good enough to be on a DT“–STOP
THINKING THAT! We would love to see crafters of all styles, skill level
etc apply. We are hoping to fill the design team with people from
- This call is open to international applicants, as long as you have a
good understanding/use of English for the blog (as that’s our main
One more point: Please only submit your application if you are a TEAM PLAYER.
We want our Design team to be a group of Hero Arts loving crafters. We
want our team to be a relaxed one, however, a hard-working one! We want
this to be fun! (So far it is AMAZING fun :))
To submit your application:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with DESIGN TEAM APPLICATION in the subject line.
- 3-6 photos of your crafting projects that you feel best describe
your style. (links to photos in flickr/blog posts in which the photos
appear are also acceptable–NOT links to the main blog URL please).
- your blog URL (if you have a blog)
- A little bit about you (your crafting history/styles/how you
started/why you love Hero Arts/DT history if you have one etc) so we can
learn a bit about you with your application.
- Tell us WHY you think you’d be good on our Design Team and why you’d like to join.
- Your location –this will NOT be a factor in whether you are offered
a DT position or not, we’re just curious to know where you are from!
- Any other information you have that you think is pertinent! (e.g.
you have health issues that may occasionally need to be considered)
- Please notify us in the email if you have any major plans in the
coming 3-6 months (e.g. you are going on a month-long holiday to Hawaii
in August–we want to be sure we’re packed and ready to come with you
:)) so that we can plan ahead 🙂
(seems like a lot we know, but it’s not really).
If you have any further questions, you can feel free to leave comments
below, or email us on email@example.com (please write DT QUESTION
in the subject line so we know to respond ASAP).
HOWEVER-we ask that you please read this post carefully, so that you
don’t ask us a question that we’ve already answered here 🙂
Submissions close JANUARY 10th 2013 MIDNIGHT US EST. Submissions entered after then, will not be considered for this round.
We literally CANNOT WAIT to get your applications! We want to see who YOU are and what YOU make!